School closures due to Evacuation Orders
School Closures due to wildfires
- Career Pathways School, Wabasca Alberta
- Mistassiniy School, Wabasca Alberta
- St. Theresa School, Wabasca Alberta
- Chipewyan Lake School
- Pelican Mountain School (Sandy Lake)
- Paddle Prairie School: Closed for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year.
Any decision regarding school operations will be announced once more information becomes available.
Sunday, May 26, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.: Paddle Prairie Métis Settlement
Re-entry for communities previously under Evacuation Order
Wednesday, June 12, 2019: Phase 3 Re-entry (Return of Residents) for Wabasca-Desmarais, Sandy Lake and Chipewyan Lake. The threat of wildfire still exists for the above-mentioned communities. As a result, a four (4) hour Evacuation Alert will remain in effect.
Question and Answer page for students, parents, staff impacted by the wildfires
Click here to view the Question and Answer page.
A Letter of Thanks from the Salvation Army
Bishop Routhier School has recently received a letter from the Salvation Army thanking us for the donation of $1032.00 that was raised last year for Fort McMurray! Click on the link below to see the letter.
Numeracy Night at Bishop Routhier School
Posted on March 28th, 2019
Bishop Routhier School staff and the Area 1 support team hosted a Numeracy Nighy on March 27, 2019. Students, parents, community members, and staff had eight different numeracy activities to participate in:
- estimate how many,
- use measurements to make slime,
- graph how many smarties,
- use skittles for fractions,
- a scavenger hunt of shapes in the school,
- use marshmallows to make 3D shapes,
- matching number words,
- picture and number together and dice races to 10.
Everyone who attended was excitingly engaged in the activities. Thank you to everyone who helped out at the stations as well as thank you to all the students, parents and community members who came out.